[pct-l] Bizarre Moment

Postholer public at postholer.com
Sun Jul 22 18:46:05 CDT 2007

Excerpt from Kris & Tom's journal:
http://postholer.com/journal/viewJournal.php?entry_id=1089

"Around 11am the clouds started to thicken and we heard some low rolling
thunder. For awhile, nothing happened. The clouds just got thicker. The rain
didn't come. Then, all of a sudden, the thunder was no longer low and
rumbling. It was loud and cracking, and we saw lightning. Before the rain
came a huge wave of wind swept over the whole valley and the rain followed
shortly behind. Tom and I were in a stand of trees, many of which were at
least 100 feet tall. I don't know why this happened, if they hadn't had a
big storm in awhile, but all of a sudden, trees just started falling down
around us. They made a cracking sound much louder and more startling than
the lightning, before they fell. We were terrified of getting hit by a
falling tree. We looked at each other and both yelled, "Run!" and were
safely out of the forest and into a meadow a few hundred feet down the
trail. I have never in my life seen anything like that. It was like being in
one of the spooky scenes in a Harry Potter movie. The number of trees
falling in such a small, dense area was astounding. Weird. Scary. When we
got into the clearing, we donned our raingear just as it started to hail.
Fortunately, this whole storm lasted only about an hour and the sun came
back out shortly thereafter."