[pct-l] leaving the trail for weddings

Alden Dale alden at thomasaquinas.edu
Tue Jul 24 19:02:07 CDT 2007

Laura,

I've been off and on the trail more than any other person this summer
(pulled off 3 times, back twice, and going back for the third time in
a day or two) for various reasons, the most recent being a
scholarship I had to fly back east for.

My best luck has been to just hitchhike to where I need to get. In a
day, with some luck, I can usually hitch from a side highway
eventually to I-5 and then go north of south as needed. LAX,
Sacramento, and I think Seattle are three airports right on I-5.

Or you can hitch to get close and then catch greyhound to go up or down.

Hitching is the cheapest way, and if you give yourself a few days of
extra time, you should be able to make any appointment.

Good luck!

Alden