[pct-l] JMT winner-looser prizes.htm

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Jul 25 16:29:59 CDT 2007

[pct-l] JMT winner-looser prizes
[

Jon Chiappa abandoned his JMT record attempt at Vermillion, mile 120.
-------------------------------------

JMT Reinhold wrote:

Mike,It's me, JMT Reinhold, I am the one whose record you are trying to
best.
Nice to hear from you and glad to see that you are on board.
Yes, with 5 record attempts, the JMT will be smoking this year.
To answer your question:
Why don't I just arrange for Angelina Jolin to meet you guys at the finish
line.......the winner gets one night with Angelina
              the looser gets one night with Switchback  (hiker 97)

Mike, I have hikers on the trail sign my tiny note pad verifying they met me
at specific locations on the trail at specific times.
Go get em Tiger!!!

JMT Reinhold

> From: Michael Popov <michael.popov at yahoo.com>

> Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:33:24 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Hey guys,
>
>   sorry for late heads up, but I'll be joining you at the attempt. It'd be
perfect if we all started at the same time, like someone here said - 4 guys
standing on top of whitney and saying to each other - I'll race you to
yosemite, but seems like some of us will go off on different days. I would
like to start with on Sunday morning at 0600, and looks like Aaron wants to
do the same.

>   I just got myself a new cell phone # - 925-817-0696, please call me
today or tomorrow if needed.

>   I'll be heading out tomorrow morning and spending Th, Fr, and Sat at the
Trail Camp at Whitney. I will not need to leave extra gear behind before the
start, whatever gear I'm taking - I'll carry it all during the attempt,
there's not much anyway. Oh yeah, maybe a book, but I hope to pass it over
to any hikers going down.

>   My main question is how do we register the final time at Happy Isles?
Ourselves? Or somehow else?