[pct-l] maps

Brian Lewis brianle at nwlink.com
Fri Jul 27 12:23:30 CDT 2007

"Topo!'s newest product can update newer USGS maps online."

Thanks much, AsABat --- you do more than just water, don't you? !!  Very
helpful.

But FYI/caveat, getting updates doesn't necessarily mean that relevant map
sheets will then be particularly up-to-date.  I just downloaded all the new
maps in a 100 mile square that includes a trip I just finished, and the
particular map that I found to be wrong on that trip (in terms of trail, a
bridge ...) wasn't updated.  It's still dated 1965.  (you can find the date
of the underlying mapsheet for any location in Topo by rightclicking and
selecting "about this map")

While I'm not positive, looking elsewhere on the web for info on these
1:24,000 quads leads me to belive this is a USGS issue, and not a Topo
problem. Over 40 years seems like a heck of a long time to not update a
mapsheet.

Oh well, at least the topography is pretty much the same!  <g>

	Brian Lewis