[pct-l] off topic

JoAnn M. Michael jomike at cot.net
Fri Jul 27 14:39:30 CDT 2007

Message: 32
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 22:35:22 -0800
From: "Donna Saufley" <>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Reinhold's sexual frustrations (was "desires")
To: "'Jon Danniken'" <danniken at comcast.net>, "'JD Schaefer'"
<jdrows at comcast.net>
Cc: pct-l at backcountry.net

I'm on your side on this one, Jon.  And, Reinhold's too.  There's a lot of
drivel (or at least what's drivel to me). I delete it. And, if I've found
someone truly obnoxious, I change my settings to not allow messages from
them at all.  It's like throwing away the junk mail -- you don't have to
open it and read it.

I have a great deal of respect for Reinhold for his accomplishments and for
his good nature, and felt the posts aimed at him were personal attacks and
mean spirited.

The bottom line:  use the damn delete key if you're not interested, and quit
whining that you don't like someone's posts.

L-Rod
I signed up for pct, hiking, etc. talk and information. If I'd felt like off topic issues I'd have signed on for those particular sites. I feel the "delete" or "don't read" attitude is quite over done and only applicable when someone feels defensive.

Interesting someone brought that up and chose to make it an issue. I never mentioned his accomplishments, in any way.

I also know I have said enough. I do not care to drag Reinhold's name through the mud; I stated how I feel...I'm done. Thank you to all those who spoke with me off list stating they have the objections to his posts that are not pct or JMT related.