[pct-l] Hiking Haiku

cmkudija at ca.rr.com cmkudija at ca.rr.com
Fri Jul 27 18:38:57 CDT 2007

"But your feet show it; they're long fellows. ;=)"

I was wondering if someone was going to get around to the Longfellow
reference before I did ... my dad used to say this frequently (he was part
of the generation that entertained itself by making up limericks).

So my feet are short...does that mean it will take me longer to thruhike
than the longfellas?

(trying really really hard to get this into PCT-land, enjoying the list's
chat room aspects, and apologizing to any newcomers impatient with this
thread's lack of useful information...)

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija
PCT partially '94

www.pcta.org
Join Now!

Ceanothus (see-ah-no-thus) or California lilac:  Shrubs or small trees,
often with divaricate, sometimes spiny, twigs...[flowers] small but showy,
white to blue or purplish, sometimes lavender or pinkish, borne in terminal
or lateral panicles or umbellike cymes.
                                                               Philip A.
Munz
                                                               A California