[pct-l] Hitching from Bishop to South Lake

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Sat Jul 28 15:21:44 CDT 2007

I'm going to get on the JMT via Bishop Pass at the end of August.
I'll be parking at the South Lake TH, so I'll need to get back to my
truck at the end of my hike.  I plan to hitch from Bishop to SL.  Any
'been there, done that' comments?

Thanks,
Len
I did the exact same hike and routine in 1991. I had planned to just hitch
back to my truck when I got to Whitney Portal. I lucked out and met a few
friends along the way, one of which gave me a ride all the way back to my
truck at South Lake. I met this hiker pair just south of Forester at the
upper lakes and again at Wallace creek. Ask people along the way, that are
hiking along the trail at your pace,  and you just might find a friendly
ride back to your truck. You are hiking one of the best 100 trail miles in
the Sierra, have fun!! A hitch from Bishop to South Lake is as easy as
sticking out your thumb..