[pct-l] Hat Creek Rim

AsABat asabat at cox.net
Sun Jun 3 12:28:30 CDT 2007

You can't get to the springs at Lost Creek as they are far below the
trail, tempting but inaccessible (well, I guess nothing is impossible,
but...).

Most consider there to be no usable water on the Hat Creek Rim. There
are some cow ponds but they are the dirtiest things I've ever seen and
any thought of using them went away when I saw large cows swimming in
each of them.

At ADZ Georgi told me there should be water for thruhikers at Road 22.
Maybe she will respond here. She and her husband maintain small caches
at the south end of the rim, just for a pick-me-up.

AsABat