[pct-l] After Action Report

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Mon Jun 4 09:42:26 CDT 2007

Switchback,
I paid good money to subscribe to ''Pay Per View'' specifically to watch
your historic Mt. Humphry expedition in the comfort of my living room.

My eyes were riveted to the screen  all day anxiously awaiting the moment
when you, Mdw. Ed and Can't quit would plant the American flag on one of the
Western Hemisphere's great mountain and escape the jaws of death to be
greeted like conquering heroes by a jubilant nation.

It never was televised on pay per view as promised.....what happened?....I
want my money back!!!

I got immense satisfaction, however, reading your   ''AFTER  ACTION
REPORT''   (a literary masterpiece) but, for some strange reason, images of
''The Three Stooges''  and   ''The Apple Dumpling Gang''  kept flashing in
the back of my mind as I read your report how you, Mdw. Ed and Can't quit
struggled with that monstrous mountain.

I don't know why that happened, but for some reason it did, there must be a
good explanation for it.

I am sure, as you stated, the ''WART'' was the culprit........oxygen
deprivation always is one of the greatest obstacles facing mountaineers.

I will forever bow in your presence and worship the ground you walk on.

JMT Reinhold
Your humbled and idolizing trail companion