[pct-l] Mt Humphrey Expedition PCT Training Expedition

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jun 9 14:14:00 CDT 2007

Shauna writes: You'll have better luck if you're not proceeded up the  trail
by a huge pot belly.
I am shocked you  would talk about MeadowsEd like that!!  He is my friend and
I do not think  of him that way at all.  But I guess you are young and
slender and feel  like you can take shots at senior hikers -- just wait and someday
you are going to get a big surprise.

Say, you do bring  up a good point.  Everyone should work harder at staying
shape as they get  older.  For example, I am on a (pedometer) 10,000 steps/3
liters of  water per day routine to be mean and lean.  I find that I have walk
with my  pack in the early morning and evening to make my 10,000 steps.  But
that is  what us hard core backpackers do to stay in shape.  You have to be
disciplined and tough with a lot of backpacking grit.  Just like MeadowsEd  and
me.

I thank you.

Switchback the Pedometer