[pct-l] sierra snow???

Denis Stanton denisstanton at mac.com
Sun Jun 10 00:37:54 CDT 2007

Hi

I just got back from walking from Kennedy Meadows (Wednesday 6th) to Trail Pass (today, Saturday 9th).  Absolutely no snow, though we could see a few patches on the distant peaks (Whitney?).  Beautiful hiking for the start of the Sierras.  Fine and cool by day, finger-freezing cold at night.  Ice in water bottles in the morning, but most importantly, not one single mosquito!

Denis Stanton
Walks With Son

Denis Stanton                             Auckland, New Zealand