[pct-l] Mt Humphrey Expedition PCT Training Expedition.htm

reinholdmetzger at cox.net reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Jun 10 10:57:22 CDT 2007

Tortoise,
I am not jealous of Switchback & Meadow Ed's food carrying technique I am amazed and fascinated by it.
I am amazed by their ability to pre store several weeks of calories in their huge storage tanks and therefore eliminate the need for pots, stoves, fuel & bear canisters and being able to pre-eat their meals in the comfort of their homes washed down with a cold beer and not waste precious hiking time with cooking & eating on the trail.
I was thinking if I could do that I could really crank some high mileage days, unfortunately I have that small storage tank which will store only half a day worth of calories.....bummer!!!

Say,..........How do I get a large storage tank like that???

JMT Reinhold
The energy miser