[pct-l] Rain gear

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Mon Jun 11 19:45:52 CDT 2007

You should consider carrying a Golite Dome umbrella. It's only 9oz, and adds
an extra level of comfort on trail and in camp during those seemingly
endless monsoonal moments. I carry a very trail worn first edition Golite
Dome, when I adventure with rain on the horizon.
~^~~^^^^~~~^^~~~^^~~~~~^^^~~~~~~~~
My husband and I will be hiking in Washington State this year. Having
completed California and Oregon in Frogg Toggs, we're wondering if we should
stick with them in Washington. We have had very little rain on our hikes so
far and anticipating more, I thought I'd ask if anyone has any thoughts on
the relative merits of the marmot precip pants, which we usually use in the
snow. Since the latter zip up to the waist, they have the benefit of
allowing us to get more air (less sweat and heat) when not needed or in
light rain. On the downside, they are heavier than Frogg Toggs and probably
take longer to dry. Any thoughts or recommendations?
Thanks,
Jo