[pct-l] the Solitude Log - anyone?

ke sunshinenhugs at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 21:05:04 CDT 2007

But that's a good thing - isn't it?

"Wallace, Mark S." <MWallace at Stutman.com> wrote:  I agree 100 percent. Over the Memorial Day weekend I backpacked on the PCT from Cloudburst Summit to Wrightwood (about 36 miles). The first day I saw 18 thru hikers, but no one else. The second day, 9 or 10 thru hikers and a bunch of day hikers going up to Baden Powell, but no one else. Third day, more thru hikers but no one else. The bottom line is that if I hadn't been hiking in thru-hiking season I wouldn't have seen anyone except the Baden Powell day hikers (and maybe not even them if it hadn't been the Memorial Day weekend).

Millions of people, but none of them on the trails.

Mark