[pct-l] Road closureon Highway 2 atinspirational point/Wrightwood

RJ Lewis karmagurl at rainierconnect.com
Thu Jun 14 15:05:06 CDT 2007

Unfortunately that is all to common these days....aggressive behavior to
highway road workers. My husband and I are both highway construction
workers. People are just plain rude these days, and incidents vary from
garbage being thrown at us, to attempts on our lives with vehicles. Of
course, there is the flip side too, and occasionally, you get what is
known as "trail magick" (to hikers), and someone will offer up a cold
soda, a piece of fresh fruit or a candy bar. Too bad the latter is so
seldom and the former is far too often. I don't blame them a bit for
closing the road down while they repair it. Just remember, when you
tangle with a highway worker, the driver is the one who usually ends up
losing. =( And, we have families who depend on us too. Try some trail
magick sometime with them- you will make their day.

Ronnie Jo Lewis