[pct-l] Backcountry Use

Bob and Diana Nelson benelson at ktc.com
Thu Jun 14 17:03:59 CDT 2007

Well said.
Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net [mailto:pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net]On
Behalf Of Paul Magnanti
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 4:35 PM
To: PCT MailingList
Subject: [pct-l] Backcountry Use

>>I call it being LAZY....today's generation wants "instant
>>gratification", and they don't want to have to work for it. True, there
>>are some exceptions to the rule, but that is why we don't see more back
>>country use, IMHO.
>>But wait until it's gone...and watch em whine and wail!!!!!
"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their
food, and tyrannize their teachers."--Socrates
No, it is not just being lazy. Every generation decries the previous
generation. I am sure the WW2 generation were told to buck it up, and quit
sniveling by their
parents as well. I see people my age (early 30s) talk about how kids today
aren't as tough. Huh?

There are many, many reasons why back country use is down. Different goals,
more an emphasis on squeezing things into a weekend,  other forms of
recreation, etc.

But to place in a generational context is old hat..and just as incorrect in
2007 AD as it was in 400 BC.

unsubscribe or change options: