[pct-l] Colin Fletcher

Junaid Dawud jdawud at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 06:25:09 CDT 2007

Aloha,

I think about this myself.  In 2006 I hiked Mex ->
Snoqualmie pass.  My decision to get off trail was
something that really bothered me for the first few
months afterward.  In truth it still bothers me a bit
now.  I didn't really have an option when I quit, to
continue would have been dangerous and foolish.  But I
think sometimes that if I'd finished and didn't have
plans to return to the trail, it may have been really
depressing.  By finishing I would have ended the "PCT
book" of my life.  By not finishing, I have more
chapters to look forward to.  I even think I may end
up rehiking the whole trail someday.  Would that have
changed if I had finished?  Either way I still miss
the trail greatly. I think about it every single day.
I can't wait to get back on trail and head north.
I'll probably cry like a little girl when I finally
reach the northern terminus.

---------------Speshul 41

--- David Hough on pct-l <pcnst2001 at sbcglobal.net>