[pct-l] Mammoth loop/Shadow Lake

mark v allemande6 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 13:37:23 CDT 2007

If you go with his suggestion of camping at Shakow or
Ediza Lake, or any other loop heading north of
Agnew/Red's, you might want to do an advance check on
legal camping.  When i went through last summer, there
was no camping allowed at Shadow Lake for sure, and
i'm pretty sure none allowed at Ediza.  1000 Island
and Garnet Lakes were ok as long as you got a certain
distance away from the trail.  Ruby, Emerald, and
Gladys were ok, no restrictions.  I don't remember the
others.

You would be calling either rangers for Ansel Adams or
John Muir Wildernesses...not sure which.

p.s.  seriously, take me with you.  i don't weigh much.