[pct-l] Japanese hiker fell off Half Dome cable to his death

Denis Stanton denisstanton at mac.com
Wed Jun 20 11:54:18 CDT 2007

Thank you for posting this link.  My son Craig (SunWalker) was on the Half Dome cables about 30 minutes before this.  They were so crowded and slow that he swung up the outside.  He probably passed this man.  Craig had come off the PCT briefly to link up with me and was running the 32 miles from Tuolumne to Yosemite Valley via Cloud's Rest and Half Dome.  When we emerged at Happy Isles the rangers were collecting all photos around the time of the sad event.  I hope it's not too morbid, but I wanted to hear how and where it happened.  Those cables were so scary to me the first time.

Denis Stanton                             Auckland, New Zealand