[pct-l] Trout Lake Resupply Difficulties

Junaid Dawud jdawud at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 22:44:17 CDT 2007

For those wanting to go to Trout lake (which I highly
recommend), the General Store, the new Gear Shop, and
several other parties will come pick you up from the
Trail.  You might arrange a pick up in cascade locks,
or if anyone in your party has a cell phone, turn
right when you get to the road, walk a few hundred
yards down the road to where there is a clear area on
the left with a nice view down the valley.  Alon and I
were able to get cell reception there and called the
General Store, who sent someone up to get us.  Trout
Lake is a great little town with a good diner, the
Genral Store has rooms (ask about the sliding scale at
your peril, it may just turn in to a few zero days),
theres a PO, a new gear shop that is trying to
accomadate hikers, a coffee shop and lots of nice
folks.

-----------Speshul 41

http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/news/2007/20070517a-memorial-day.shtml