[pct-l] Let's drive the pct

JoAnn M. Michael jomike at cot.net
Thu Jun 21 13:49:27 CDT 2007

You never know what you'll find to read in a doctor's office. While seeing a physician in Medford, OR, two days ago, my husband picked up a July, 2007, Motor Trend magazine. Sure enough, starting on page 108 is a 14 page article entitled "trailblazer - THE COOLEST WAY TO TEST AUDI'S NEW SUPEREXOTIC R8? FORGING A 3100-MILE PATH ALONG THE PACIFIC CREST TRAIL".

Yep, though I did not read the article word-for-word, apparently these guys "followed" the pct via roads somewhat paralleling the trail. There is a map showing both routes - but mislabeled  the "Pacific Coast Trail"!  They mention or photographed Campo, Julian, the Tehachapi's, Donner Pass, Mt. Shasta, Cassel, Lake Britton, Siskiyou Summit, Crater Lake, etc, etc.

I got a kick out of it   :)

are we there yet