[pct-l] Keneddy Meadows

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Thu Jun 21 18:42:44 CDT 2007

This year for us was notable because off how short almost everyone's stay at Hiker Heaven was.  We had more people taking near-O's, not zeros, than ever before.  Very few multiple zeros were taken, except for the sick and injured.  So, they weren't held up at our place (can't speak for the Andersons, though :o).  It seemed to me that they were all fired up and anxious to get to the Sierras, unlike past years where they were dragging their feet, killing time so they didn't get there too soon.

They are still coming through now, but that's not all that unusual for this time of year in our experience.  However, there are very few boxes and very little mail left on the shelves.  There aren't very many still south of Agua Dulce.  One guy emailed and asked if he could come stay on 7/3.

Hope your birthday was happy, Meadow Ed.

L-Rod