[pct-l] Fires.

Junaid Dawud jdawud at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 10:41:40 CDT 2007

I forget whether I mentioned fires specifically when
talking about the implications of Global Warming to
the Pacific Crest Trail.  I know I mentioned droughts,
which are widely expected to increase in distribution,
frequency and duration as Global Warming continues.
Fires (as you've probably guessed) are more frequent
during times of drought, particularly long ones.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that these fires are
a direct result of Global Warming. Rather I'm simply
pointing out that Global Warming will, on average,
create more days per year that have "good" conditions
for fires.

Perhaps these fires will help some folks "connect the
dots" of Global Climate Change and the PCT.

I hope they get them out soon.

-----------Speshul41