[pct-l] FM Quality: was Re: Mp3 player recommendations?

dsaufley at sprynet.com dsaufley at sprynet.com
Fri Mar 2 13:38:19 CST 2007

I bike with music; it really helps on long climbs.  Haven't yet felt the need for it hiking, but I won't say never.  I think the ultimate would be the Sirius/iPod/cell phone/camera combo.  Is there such a thing?

Sirius alone doesn't cut it for me -- I find it to be a bit like cable TV; there may be 200 channels but there's still nothing on. On the programs I listen to, they repeat the same stuff, and the novelty wore off quickly. OTOH, you can get just about anything under the sun including news and weather on it, which could come in quite handy from a safety perspective.  I like the ability to choose what I want to hear, not have it fed to me, so I've found I prefer the iPod if I'm going to slog along a gadget.

L-Rod