[pct-l] the pct and memory

Jeff Moorehead jeffmoorehead1 at cox.net
Tue Mar 6 11:40:29 CST 2007

I have definitely experienced this as well. I figure that if this finally
happens enough times and you are able to recover the entire hike by memory,
then you'll finally have 'conceptualized' the whole experience. For some
strange reason, I am getting these lucid flashbacks from points much earlier
in my hike, rather than later. I can remember some stretches of southern and
northern Cali much more easily than I can Oregon, even though I visited the
latter more recently. Maybe one of the neurologists on the trail can explain
this phenomenon. Maybe I'll get around to Washington in a couple of months.