[pct-l] Pack Covers and Pirates

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Mar 6 13:12:08 CST 2007

_dsaufley at sprynet.com_ (mailto:dsaufley at sprynet.com)   writes:

I made  my own pack cover (and liner) with 1.1 ripstop impregnated silnylon.
It  was super simple.  I cut a piece of silnylon that was large enough to
enfold my pack, then folded over the edge and sewed a pocket, though which I
threaded some thin elastic, and then attached one of those thingamabobs to
cinch the elastic.  I even made a little self-attached pouch to stuff it  in.  It
all worked great in those Sierra thunderstorms!
It is  the smart and creative hikers that make the rest of us look funny.  I
need  to hire L-Rod to be part of my new hiking gear company.  Almost
everything  will be made out of cuben fabric and titanium.  The line up will include
clothing, packs, bags, foods, and shelters.  In fact our motto will be  "Where
smart shoppers become satisfied customers."

L-Rod will be in charge of quality  of life issues and making your own gear
products.  Others on this list will  have job opportunities too.  We will take
a naked hiker and completely  outfit them from head to toe for a successful
PCT thru hike.  This is  includes seminars and training for long distance
backpacking.  The name of our company will be  TrailDust, LLC.

As soon as someone gives me $15 million I will start to organize.   Thank you
for your continued support and good wishes.

Switchback the Tycoon

http://www.aol.com.