[pct-l] Stream is low just out of Warner Springs

arm chair armchairhiker at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 11:03:17 CDT 2007

Hi Bill,

The others told me that you had asked for me but they aren't PCT hikers so
didn't know my trailname! I was digging some snacks out of my pack when you
walked by! Sorry to have missed meeting up with you.

Here are some pictures of this bit of the trail, water, terrain, our camp,
the TarpTent "Contrail" and GG "Squall Classic" by Gossamer Gear (both only
1.5 pounds), maps and aerial photos with UTM grids:

http://picasaweb.google.com/armchairhiker/AguaCaliente

also included are pictures of the SPA at Warner Springs (very nice place to
patch some blisters!) The Dining room is very nice with HUGE rustic
chandeliers, a well stocked cantina (bar) is nearby to replace the vitiamin
I (iburfen) when on your layover. The casitas are in groups - the old
section is in the center of the complex and are the only ones to not have
refrigs and fireplaces - all the others do. Ah.. Hiker life.. Pool, dining
room, bar, refrigs and fireplaces - at discount rates! And, they like us
because we don't complain! Again the staff I met there were very, very nice.

I have some video I might post after a few days.

cheers,
- armchair