[pct-l] questions for couples

Will Hiltz will.hiltz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 13:42:52 CDT 2007

Hi Marcia (and all)-

While I definitely appreciate the time it takes to craft these long
great example of something that I've found extremely fustrating w/r/t

As our thankfully outsed but definitely not forgotten Secretary of Defense
Donald Rumsfeld famously (and quite callously) put it, "You go to war with
the Army you have.  They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a
later time."

What does that a**hole have to do with the PCT?  Well-- Amanda had a
question about stoves.  Specifically, Whisperlite stoves and
specifically the availability of fuel for them.  As someone who also plans
on carrying a whisperlite, obviously this is important information!
However-- I've also been stymed in finding out what fuel availability there
will be this summer because I got a whole bunch of similar answers--
essentially saying that I should be using a different stove (if you were
wondering-- I got the most recommendations for the pepsi-can).  This is
great!  Thanks for this tips!  However-- not being actually made entirely
out of money (few of us thrus are, right?)-- I can't really just go and buy
a whole new stove even if you REALLY REALLY like it and its REALLY cool and
SUPER lightweight and EASY to find fuel for and all the rest of that crap.
Great.  You love your stove.  I'll be sure to check it out on the trail.
But can we keep the superfluous recommendations until ADZPCTKO or
something?

Sorry, just my grumpy .02 on a monday morning.

YITOOD,
Will

ps- if anyone knows about the aforementioned fuel availability-- I'm still
wondering!