[pct-l] Words about the HERD

Len Glassner len5742 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 21:46:55 CDT 2007

I think this is an issue where the actual problem(s), if any, is/are
quantifiable, and perhaps even resolvable, unlike, perhaps, the
'philosophical' issue of bearcans or no. (BTW, anybody want a good
deal on an Ursack purchased in July of 2006 :-()

Comprehensive stats could put the KO issue to rest.  Or demonstrate it.

If there is a clumping issue, but it's not KO-driven, maybe the
reasons are as Yogi says.  Or not.  Maybe people, more every year, are
inclined to start within the same two-week time-frame, for
weather-related issues.

Perhaps some college-age PCT hiker, majoring in a natural resources
field, could do a study for credit that surveyed trail angels, POs,
etc. and see where the problems, now or in the future, lie.