[pct-l] Herd Thoughts

Heath Haggerty II haggertyii at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 19:47:00 CDT 2007

The herd is a FACT, but, am I wrong in thinking that without the KO party there IS STILL GOING TO BE A CLUMP???? (tell me if I am wrong please)
Maybe blame the guidebook. It outlines the window of time for an ideal start date; middle of April to the middle of May with the best time being the end of April. No wait, blame the weather, damn mother nature, how dare she cause people to walk along a trail when the weather permits!!!
More interest in the PCT means more hikers.
Kick Off Party good, not bad
Trail angels don't have to be trail angels if they are overwhelmed. Problem solved.
Thru Wallet is funny, but a little dramatic.
Hikers shouldn't rely on angels, water caches, the KO, or even Post Offices if they plan correctly.
Don't be jealous of the KO organizers Still Whinning, L-Rod and others who spite it. It was their idea to start the party not yours. If you had started the KO you'd be defending it till the end.
Let people clump if they want to.
Some people like wilderness experience some like social experience. Figure out which one you are and make it happen.
Pick up trash when you see it on the trail.
Say please and thank you when in trail towns.
Appreciate trail magic and pass it on.
Give your fellow hiker water when he/she is out. Even if it's hot and you are low!!!!!
I'm convinced Switchback has OCD.
Grammer Coach is cool.
WS Monty is my idol.
Strider has a good heart.
Does Oilcan actually work?
Trail names are goofy.
Don't take yourself too seriously folks; it's walking on a dirt trail with our gear strapped to our backs. Were not saving the world here.
Everything I need to know about life I learned in Kindergarten.
Why am I writing in bullet points? I don't know.
Let's all hold hands and sing cum ba ya.
Candygram for Mongo, Candygram for Mongo.

Heath
San Diego
Shocker