[pct-l] Tent Question

Amanda Luff trail_bubbletoes at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 14 15:05:29 CDT 2007

>Does anyone use the Big Sky  Evolution 2 door tent?  It is around 2.5
>pounds.
>  Take a look  at:
>
>_www.bigskyinternational.com/SummitShelters/BigSkyEvolution1PEXdetails.htm_
>(http://www.bigskyinternational.com/SummitShelters/BigSkyEvolution1PEXdetails.ht
>m)

I really wanted one of these, even crawled around in it at Trail Days, but
have since heard some terrible things about their customer service.  They
have had issues with actually producing the tent.  They do not have any
problems taking the money for it.  Surprisingly Backpacker has been
highlighting these tents even though they admit there were some production
problems in the past.  Big Sky has moved to a new factory but their tents
are still on backorder.  I wish I had known about this when I met the owner,
I would have asked him directly about it.  I don't feel safe ordering one
until they are not on backorder.

We decided to get the HS Double Rainbow instead.  Almost the same thing,
just not double wall.  Same perks of two doors, lots of mesh, and even
better weight.  I feel better sending my money to Henry anyways.

BT