[pct-l] The 10 Ounce Backpack and 30 Pound Load

Ben Gunderson gunderdawg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 15:39:38 CDT 2007

Hi All.  I'm new to the forum and i'm trying to get involved with the
community because my bro and i are planning for a thru hike this season.
Y'all are talking about 18 once packs and such.  I have a gregory z-pack
that weighs in at about 4.  Am I out of my mind?
I wanted to ask about the snow/weather conditions in s.cal cause we're
trying to figure out the earliest we can leave...
I also wanted to get an idea of how people layer their clothing to deal with
the deserts hot days and cold nights.
I am super excited about hiking this trail, even though I know that it is
going to dominate me.
Any feedback is welcome.
Ben Gunderson

--