[pct-l] The Herd is a FACT...

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Wed Mar 14 18:44:48 CDT 2007

When I found out about the trail the kick-off already existed.  There was
never any question of when to start ... we'd start at the kick-off.

If the kick-off didn't exist, we'd have to think about when the best time to
start would be, and I suspect we would probably have started earlier to
allow us more low mileage days.

So, yeah, of course the kick off influences start date choices for many.

Paul

> The Broken Record here.  I've been out here on the PCT seeing 100% of the
hiker traffic for the past 10 years, and I am here to tell you that they
NEVER bunched up like that until the Kick-Off encouraged the preferred
starting dates to be around that weekend.  Period.

L-Rod