[pct-l] Mt Whitney meet up with friends

Shutterbug steiner shutterbugg313 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 20:25:56 CDT 2007

The trail from Lone Pine (Eastside & Whitney Portal)and the trail from the Crabtree Meadows (PCT Westside) would intersect about 4 mile miles from the top.  If you wanted to start with them you would either have to exit earlier around Cottonwood Springs or before.  Then meetup with them in LP go to Whitney Portal and summit.  If you wanted to rejoin the PCT you could split at that Junction and head back toward the PCT and Crabtree.  - Doing it this way would mean that you would miss a portion of the PCT.

  SB

"t.n. turner" <barnumbaileypdx at hotmail.com> wrote:
  I have a couple friends who are thinking of meeting me on trail and
summiting Mt Whitney, yes I know about the permit thing and they are both in
very good hiking/climbing shape already. My questions are: Where would they
meet me? and How would they get there without driving their own vehicle?

I ask where, because having read many websites, journals and looking at
maps, it seems that I'll be going by Mt Whitney on one side and all the
literature says to go to Lone Pine, blah, blah, blah. But is my going to
Lone Pine going to be the easiest to meet up with them??

Thanks for any suggestions!
Tammy T.

unsubscribe or change options: