[pct-l] Canister locations (was class of 2007)

David Toms ukstoveman at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 16 11:35:52 CDT 2007

Start (San Diego/KO)
Idyllwild
Big Bear
(wrightwood should, but had none when we were there)
Agua Dulce/LA
VVR
Mammoth
SL Tahoe
Ashland
Stehekin (if outfitter is open)

What we did was:
Half canister at start
Collect at Idyllwild (hitched back to KO to collect one we'd left with Bob
Riess)
Buy at Agua Dulce, buy 450 (double) canister and mail to Kennedy Meadows
Collect at KM
Buy at SL Tahoe (bear in mind we had a lot of snow so were melting snow for
water), mail to Burney
Collect at Burney
New at Ashland, mail to Cascade Locks & Skykomish
Collect at Cascade Locks
Collect at Skykomish

We got c. 28 boils of 0.9L from each 225ml canister on a normal stove. I
guess a Jetboil is supposed to be more efficient, but have no experience.

We mailed Ground Only, ORM-D. Once we had to persuade the postmaster to look
up the regulations, but mostly they were fine with the canisters.

Dave