[pct-l] The ADZ, then and now.

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Fri Mar 16 18:52:39 CDT 2007

On Mar 16, 2007, at 12:05 AM, jeff.singewald at comcast.net wrote:
> I found that I became anxious while in town and found peace easiest
> while alone on trail.  I'm not an introvert.  It is interesting,
> the majority of folks near the front of the pack that finished in
> early September were for the most part solo hikers, but I would
> guess that the majority of these individuals made this choice and
> reveled in the opportunity to make every choice their own.

I don't mind people, crowds, or towns but one of the favorites times
of day when I'm doing a long hike is the five or ten minutes of the
trail right after a town stop. For me there is an inflection point on
a long hike where the trail suddenly becomes home and towns are
foreign cities where I'm just a visitor.  Stepping back out onto the
trail after a town stop is like coming home again.

Gary Wright (Radar)