[pct-l] Canada permit

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Sun Mar 18 09:49:44 CDT 2007

On Mar 18, 2007, at 6:53 AM, Amir wrote:

> 1)       If I'm not supposed to fill this form until 3 month before
> departure, how will I get typewriter to complete this form when I'm
> on the
> PCT?

You can print in block letters.  Says so in the directions.

> 2)       If all applications must be received before June 30th,
> it's a litle
> bit problem if I'm planning on entering Canada in October (do not
> complete
> this form until 3 month before departure, remember?)

I think that is departure as in the beginning of your hike, not
departure as
in when you are leaving the US.  Just send it in before you start your
hike.  If I recall correctly the guy who processes the forms sits on
them
and then processes them all at once.  When the form is mailed back to
you,
you'll need to make sure that someone can forward it to you on the
trail.

> 3)       If I need to complete part B only upon arrival to Canada,
> how will
> I get typewriter at the border? And just to make sure, it means
> that I send
> the form to them with all part B black, right?

You fill it out in block letters and keep it with you.  Most likely
you won't
have to show it to anybody.  I think every year someone manages to
get the
Border Service office in Hope where they look at you strangely and
then give you
a Canadian Mounties sticker for your trouble.

> I'm not a citizen of the USA, and it very important to me to get
> this permit
> because I don't want to take the risk of not be able to come back
> to the USA
> in the future because I made mistake with this form, so I'm very
> sorry if my
> question seems a litle stupid.

This is a Canadian form so I don't think you need to worry about US
authorities
relative to this form.

Gary Wright