[pct-l] Water and Snow conditions in A and B

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:18:02 CDT 2007

Today's Water Report info and San Jacinto snow conditions as emailed to www.4jeffrey.net
(HELP! DRY YEAR! Early hikers especially, please send water info to asabat at 4jeffrey.net for the rest of us)

Hi Bill

Water Report Info:

North to south

No water behind the monument at Palms to Pines

Paradise Cafe open at 11 on Monday, Wednesday Thursday
Open at 8 Friday, Saturday, Sunday per sign.
Water hose still in place.
Place was jumpin' this afternoon including a two piece band.

I'll know more about the Hiker Oasis cache tomorrow.

North Hwy 79 Bridge DRY

Warners Mini Mart faucet working.  Please don't clutter front of Mini Mart. (use other areas for resupply packing)  PLEASE UNIQUELY mark your resupply boxes to help postal workers identify them.
NOTE:  The Mini Mart will be stocking up a complete list of hiker resupply items very, very soon but it's a small store and will probably run out at times.  They've already had some hikers.  Lee and Karen are all psyched up for us.

Fire Station at south Hwy 79 crossing says OK to use water (second building on right side to rear)

South Crossing 79 Bridge  DRY

Barrel Springs looked great March 11th.

I'll know more about gate #3 tomorrow and either Charlie Jones or I will email you.

ALSO:
HARDLY ANY SNOW AT ALL ON SAN JACINTO PEAK!!!!!!! (boulder scramble to the top)
Camped at 9200 feet............................. NO SNOW!!!
Very, very Dry!!!!!!  Streams not flowing.

I didn't get to the PCT and Fuller Ridge but I met Day Hikers who came up across the trail on the Marion Mt Trail.  Sounds like there's still a little snow on the trail, but their legs and shoes were dry..
For those thru-hikers bagging the San Jacinto peak (Carl) there's reliable water at the (big) Round Valley ranger station spring about one mile east of the Wellman divide.

I'm posting this on the PCT-L too

Monty