[pct-l] alcohol, pack covers

Suzanne Courteau wishfrog at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 11:58:00 CDT 2007

Hey Benny G--

A geezer chiming in here...I use an alcohol stove, so I'm curious
about PCT alcohol resupply opps, too! On the AT it is very easy to get
as most hiker-friendly hostels/motels/resorts carry it, and the trail
goes through many towns (or gas stations) to make buying a bottle of
HEET a breeze. Doesn't look like a lot of PCT stretches are as
townphilic.

Regarding pack covers, ugh, haven't had much luck with them actually
working. I prefer a trash-bag liner in my pack. Makes a stylish ponch
in an emergency.

> > We have used MSR stoves for many years and thought highly of them except
> > for they didn't simmer, were often very finicky to use, often clogged,
> > needed an accessory stand in the snow, and required frequent repair - but
> > sure could boil fast!

Did anybody else find that as funny as I did?

Suzanne Courteau
"Bedouin"
[first day of spring, and a little rain in NorCal]