[pct-l] Stuff Sack / Day Pack

Ken Roberts kenandeb at sover.net
Tue Mar 20 19:41:48 CDT 2007

What you might be looking for is a light weight stuff sack that doubles as
a day pack. Find a stuff sack that has a nylon strap attached across the
bottom of the sack. Tie some light nylon rope from the bottom strap to the
sinch cord at top of the sack, leaving enough slack in the rope to sling it
over your shoulder. The first time I tried this I used 20 -30 ft of bear
hanging cord, looped a bunch of times and tied the rope off like climbers
keep their ropes coiled, acts like a padded strap. You can carry a camera,
jacket, and waterbottle easy for short day hikes and peak climbing. Got the
idea from Grasshopper on the old Kung Fu TV series. At the end of every
show, he would sling his blanket over his shoulder and walk on out of town.

Message: 14