[pct-l] Smart bears

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Wed Mar 21 23:38:57 CDT 2007

_joph at piedmontbsa.org_ (mailto:joph at piedmontbsa.org)   writes:

My  husband used a clam cleat like sailors use
for securing the sheets on a  sailboat to run the bag up the tree, then he
threw the rope up so it wasn't  on the ground. If we had bear visitors and we
were unlucky enough to have  the bear snag the rope and pull on it, all that
happened was that the bag  would be cinched up higher on the rope.

A bear snag and pull on a loose rope?  I don't think they're  anatomically
correct.  If, and when I hang, I use the PCT  method.

_http://tinyurl.com/amf3q_ (http://tinyurl.com/amf3q)

Sly