[pct-l] Adventure Foods

V Maxwell cookiebakergirl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 01:15:29 CDT 2007

I have ordered several items from Adventure Foods in the past few years.
They are great - the food is excellent quality with ingredients you
recognize and can pronounce, the customer service is friendly, the orders
came promptly, it's family owned and operated. The packaging is re-usable
heavy-duty plastic bags with zip tops, and the instructions are printed on a
card that's set up to double as a postcard. People at home are impressed to
get notes from you penned on the back of your dinner menu! The first time I
ordered from them I was planning a group trip with a family member who has
serious food allergies.  I called them with a long list of questions about
what exactly was in their products. One of the owners answered the phone and
he knew immediately which were safe and which were not. All the meat-eaters
I've hiked with have waxed poetic about the chicken salad (no cooking
required).  I've liked the Greek Pasta Salad w/ Feta and Tomato and the Rice
and Broccoli Casserole, and their bulk stuff is great if you want to make
your own concoctions (or supplement store-bought Lipton-type meals) but
don't have time or equipment to dehydrate things yourself.

Viki M, list-lurker and aspiring 2007 thru-hiker