[pct-l] PCT Steven's Pass to Stehekin

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Sun Mar 25 17:16:07 CDT 2007

Dave Canty wrote:
> Hello fellow PCT'ers. Just wondered if anyone knows the status of the PCT
> from Steven's Pass to Stehekin. A portion It's been closed since the washout
> in late 2004, I believe. Wanted to know if it's been repaired and if all the
> bridges have been rebuilt. Thanks in advance! -- Daring Dave

hi dave, i hiked the official pct route thru the glacier peak wilderness
this past season (along with most of the other thru-hikers). no repairs
have been done yet, but we all found the route to be very do-able
despite lots of blowdowns, washouts, etc. now, the real issue is whether
the fierce weather this past fall has caused additional damage, not only
to this segment, but to other parts of the trail in washington. the
status of much of the trail up there remains to be seen.

girlscout