[pct-l] Aquamira! drops vs tablets

Ralph Alcorn rbalcorn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 11:58:00 CDT 2007

We've used both the Micropur tablets and the Aquamira drops. I think
drops are cheaper, but big advantage for us is that we carry 1.5 liter
water bottles, and the tablets each treat one liter. The tablets are
not suitable for cutting in half.

Just as a point of information, we now carry a Katadyn Hiker pump as
well as Aqua Mira. If you only carry Aqua Mira, you are always need to
carry a little extra, so you don't have to wait for the treatment time
to get a drink (particularly if you  go for the 4 hour kill all
treatment). With the pump, you pump and drink, and the weight of the
pump  is less than the extra water you were carrying.
--
Ralph Alcorn
http://www.backpack45.com/pct.html