[pct-l] Insurance thought

rtjhunt at comcast.net rtjhunt at comcast.net
Mon Mar 26 13:41:08 CDT 2007

I get annual travel insurance from Access America for $254 which is good for trips more than 100 miles from your home up to 90 days.  After that you can get other insurance through Travel guard, but that generally costs about $100 per every additional month. The Access America insurance covers $20K for emergency medical or dental, $100K for emergency medical transportation--think helicopter evac. in Nepal or the Sierras, $1K for baggage loss or damage with a $500 limit on electronics and cameras, $200 for bag delay, $500 for travel delay---not your personal delay, $300K flight insurance-you do not collect, just your heirs, and $25K for vehicle collision/loss damage.  Two years ago I collected on a claim when I sprained my ankle coming into Ashland.  They paid for the taxi ride from the ER to the hotel the hospital found for me, a night at the hotel, the taxi to the Medford Airport as well as the rental car I used for a one way drive home.  They would not provide any medical coverag
e like physical therapy and follow up medical treatment once I got home--remember it is just travel insurance.  My Blue Cross covered the ER expenses and the follow up treatment.

Hoov