[pct-l] Snow on PCT in WA

RJ Lewis karmagurl at rainierconnect.com
Mon Mar 26 19:56:05 CDT 2007

Hi
  I was in REI last weekend, and saw a board with snow readings on it,
and it said that White Pass still had 7 foot on it. It's been a wet year
up here all the way around, so don't expect an early melt out.  It does
seem to be warming up a bit earlier than normal, and the storms have
stopped earlier, but the rain hasn't quit yet, so don't get your hopes
up yet.

I believe Rainier National Park is also still closed yet due to the road
washouts from earlier storms. It's been a nasty winter up here. I do
mean just the public park, not the PCT trail on the east side of the park.

Peace
Ronnie Jo