[pct-l] Water Caches

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Mon Mar 26 21:25:29 CDT 2007

stillroaming wrote:
> Look, it's not about some 'rite-of-passage' chest beating.
>
> It's the same old story, a few imposing their will on the many. Whether
> it's the few forcing everyone to deal with the aftermath of the ADZ or
> some 'elitist' tattle tale who knows what bear protection strategy fits
> us all or the few who decide the trail needs a water cache at spot X.
> Thanks for deciding for us all.

so, why hike the pct (or any other trail) AT ALL? afterall, the route
of, and indeed the *very existence* of the pct is a pretty obvious case
of "the few imposing their will on the many." seems to me there's still
plenty of open wilderness out there for you to design your own cross
country route, where you're likely to have, at most, very very few of
those pesky human interactions that you seem to despise so much...

gs