[pct-l] Julian AND possible cheap camping/lodging....are there any?

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Tue Mar 27 14:43:12 CDT 2007

Moynihan wrote:
> I am planning on getting to Julian/ Sissors Crossing thursday or friday
> before the KO.
> I am thinking I may most likely get to Julian earlier than I expect arriving
> on thursday afternoon or night and then be faced with a lack of cheap(er)
> places to camp or stay. I could slow my self down and try to not arrive
> until friday morning, which may very well happen as I may pass out by a rock
> somewhere exhausted by the heat.
> Are there any cheap places to stay in Julian/ Sissors Crossing that are not
> listed in the books or on the Julian website. I'm not interested in paying
> big money for camping, which is one option Julian offers.

if you don't want to camp per se, there's a camprground about 4 miles
east on the highway from scissors that has an assortment of trailers
that you can rent for the night, which would probably be cheaper than
any motel in julian, plus easier to get to. they also have a small
country store there. can't remember the name of the place, but you can't
miss it.

girlscout