[pct-l] How many pounds of food?

Rod rbelshee at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 14:13:15 CDT 2007

I carried 1.9 pounds per day.

Specifics: YMMV
-  male, 50 years, 150 pounds, 5'8".
-  I experimented with 3800 calories and lost weight; with 4200 calories I
put it back on.
-  I had a very structured vegetarian menu, not using stores for resupply,
so could optimize it quite well.
-  I didn't eat at many restaurants, so didn't rely on extra calories in
towns.
-  4015 calories/day, 147 grams protein/day, 1.90 quarts/day, $4.80/day
    -  Note: I had an alternate menu that reduced the volume to 1.35
quarts/day to allow up
         to 7.8 days in my Garcia bear can, enabling 8.5 day stretches

Steady Sr.