[pct-l] PCT paving almost underway!

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Tue Mar 27 22:20:45 CDT 2007

The trail no longer goes over Forrester Pass. They couldn't get the
grade flat enough to be wheelchair accessible, so the trail now goes
down Wallace Creek to Sequoia and parallels the highway to rejoin the
(old) PCT near Rae Lakes. The area around Forrester Pass is now closed
to human entry to allow the bears a chance to return to their natural
foraging. Dogs are, however, now allowed on the trail where it follows
Generals Highway. Guns are still prohibited, though bicycles are also
allowed on this section - with proper citizenship papers.

AsABat

> Man, I'll bet that gas is really expensive between Forrester Pass and
Reds